This Simple Space is committed to maintaining and promoting absolute excellence in coaching, mentoring and training practice. Therefore it expects all of its staff to adhere to the essential elements of ethical and effective practice as set out in this Code of Ethics.
- I will conduct myself in accordance with This Simple Space’s Code of Ethics in all coaching, mentoring and training.
- I will identify my coaching qualifications, expertise, experience and certification in a transparent manner always.
- I am responsible for ensuring clients have witnessed, read, and fully understand the terms and conditions of any coaching contract including cost and frequency of coaching.
- All claims and admissions made to my clients are honest, accurate and consistent
- As a coach I will stay up to date with new legal requirements, standards, technologies and practice that is relevant to coaching and training.
- As a coach I am willing to terminate or suspend current coaching contracts and seek professional assistance if any signs of personal challenge present themselves that may interfere with my performance as a coach with clients
- Throughout the duration of a professional coach and client relationship I shall not initiate, develop, pursue or engage in a personal relationship with any client
- I will be accepting and sensitive to cultural, religious, sexuality, disability, race and all other aspects of diversity
- I will always establish clear agreement frames and contracts with my clients and sponsors. I will honour all of the contracts I have with clients and other professionals.
- I will not make false claims or mislead the client about what will be delivered through coaching and training
- I will make it clear before the commencement of coaching that coaching is not counselling or psychology and if the client need it they will be referred to an appropriate specialist service provider.
- I will maintain, store and dispose of all client records in my coaching business in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security, and privacy and complies with all laws and agreements.
- I will behave in a way that upholds:
- This Simple Space’s values and standards and
- the integrity and good reputation of This Simple Space.
- I will ensure that any coaching agreement contains a clause stating that any evidence of illegal activity or potential harm to the client (themselves or others) may have to be informed to appropriate authorities and so may be unable to maintain complete confidentiality in these instances.
- I will respect the client’s choice, and right, to terminate the coaching contract at any point during the coaching process and will adhere to all terms and conditions relating to the termination of the contract.
- As a coach, mentor and trainer I will continually, and consistently, monitor the quality of my work via regular feedback from my clients, staff and other appropriate professionals.
- I will complete at least 20 hours of professional development annually in the theory and practice of coaching and training.
- I will maintain and keep up to date with any insurance requirements appropriate for my coaching business as required in my country of practice.
- If I knowingly condone acts by others that contravenes this code I shall be held responsible
- I will ensure that I have permission to utilize intellectual property or material developed by others and will not plagiarise such material. This will include, but is not limited to, coaching material and content.
As an accredited coach I acknowledge and agree to honour my ethical obligations to my clients, colleagues, staff, and sponsors or to the public at large. I agree to comply with these ethics and to practice these standards with those whom I coach, mentor and train.
If at any point I breach these ethics I agree that I will be held accountable by the appropriate coaching body.